There are two types:
- almost always delivered by somebody from outside of the show;
- rarely ever relevant;
- often appears within a pre-prepared section of the show, basically scripted;
- commonly linked to attempts to track listening, for example “dynamic”.
- almost always delivered by the hosts themselves;
- often relevant, or at least interesting;
- mostly worked into the show in an organic manner;
- highly unusual if linked to any sort of creepy tracking.
I find myself more and more unsubscribing because of the first type, even if I like the show.